The purpose of the Safety Directors’ Forum (SDF) is to:
- Identify the key strategic environment, safety, health, security and quality issues facing the industry and identify the appropriate industry response. Responses could be direct to Regulators, the Customer (NDA, MoD) etc and could range from presentations, letters and papers to delegations.
- Facilitate sharing and understanding of:
Promote co-operation across the nuclear industry on policy, strategy and technical matters where this is beneficial. Mechanisms for co-operation include:
- Key environment, safety, health, security and quality (E,S,H, S& Q) issues;
- The implications of recent experiences (including, but not solely incidents);
- Regulatory developments and responses to them.
Work with the Regulators in order to agree common goals and priorities in the pursuit of excellence.
Act as “sponsor” of and keep under review “Industry Groups” (IGs), to ensure they remain necessary and are operating effectively. Each IG will have an individual Director nominated to be the sponsor.
- Using existing industry groups;
- Establishing ad hoc co-operation and ‘issue leaders’ as necessary.
Click here for a copy of the full Terms of Reference for the SDF.