There are many benefits to becoming an individual member of the Nuclear Institute, at whichever level you would like to join.
Benefits for All Members:
- The option of joining one of the Nuclear Institute's regional branches, our national Young Generation Network (for professionals under the age of 37)and Women in Nuclear UK which is recommended in order to fully experience and appreciate the community within the NI
- There are extensive opportunities for networking and developing links with fellow professionals in the nuclear field, through NI branches and events
- Further your understanding and knowledge with the chance to attend over 60 lectures, seminars and technical tours that the Nuclear Institute hosts every year across the UK
- Receive discounted access to Nuclear Institute conferences and events
- You will be presented with opportunities to contribute to government consultations, working groups and committees
- You will be able to develop and use your interests and knowledge by joining a standing committee, working group or specialist interest group
- The NI can offer you support during a career break, including discounted membership fees
- Receive the respected Nuclear Future bi-monthly journal which provides scientific updates, reports of meetings, industry news and much more (not included for student members)
- Receive the NI's monthly email newsletter updating you on the Nuclear Institute and industry activities and developments
Additional Benefits for Professional Members (Fellow, Professional Member):
- Professional Membership carries with it the entitlement to use post-nominal letters after your name; these letters are respected throughout the industry and indicate that the holder has professionalism and experience that can be relied upon
- The Nuclear Institute is licensed by both the Engineering Council and the Science Council to register suitably qualified and experienced engineers as Chartered Engineer, Incorporated Engineer, Engineering Technician and Chartered Scientist
- You will have the right to vote in ballots and at the Annual General Meeting to influence the direction of the Institute
Did you know that the Nuclear Institute is an approved professional organisation on the HMRC List 3?
This means that you can reclaim tax you pay on fees or subscriptions - for terms and conditions, please visit the HMRC website
Please note that you cannot claim tax deduction on fees or subscriptions you haven’t paid for yourself – e.g. if your employer pays your membership subscription.
To become a Member, please complete the relevant application form online. If you need any help or have any questions, please contact the Nuclear Institute at email@example.com or phone 020 3475 4701
Become a member today